Where did everyone ...

Notifications
Clear all

Where did everyone go?

Page 1 / 2
(@hookem2006)
Prominent

Been out of the hobby for about 5 years and am about to get back in. When I left, this place was soooo active. Now it seems everyone left? What happened?

Topic starter Posted : 03/25/2021 2:44 pm
 Drex
(@drex)
Reputable

Yep pretty much everyone is on Facebook 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/25/2021 3:08 pm
(@melev)
Illustrious

I don't know, and I don't like it.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/27/2021 2:40 pm
(@jmccool03)
Trusted

It's crazy! I just started a new tank after being away for a few years and the two forums I used to always be on are ghost towns. I know people use Facebook a lot and its ok for selling stuff I guess, but there's no good discussion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/13/2021 3:32 pm
(@waterbeing)
Honorable

The discussions were/are such a valuable thing and I don't like yet another facebook group to manage as well.... but oh well.... times do change.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 11:51 am
(@melev)
Illustrious
Posted by: @waterbeing

The discussions were/are such a valuable thing and I don't like yet another facebook group to manage as well.... but oh well.... times do change.  🙂

I agree, I hope we can get things back on track again.  Technically with so many people being at home, you'd think the forums would be busy with chatter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 2:18 pm
(@jmccool03)
Trusted

@waterbeing I agree as well. I've joined a number of the facebook groups but I don't understand them for the most part. either spam, or auctions for corals I can't even see because they're drowned in blue leds, or "waffles" (haven't figured out what that means yet). These forums were far superior to any facebook group I've seen.

This post was modified 6 months ago by jmccool03
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2021 2:49 pm
(@johanettemeakin)

g That's exactly what I'm saying. I've joined a few facebook groups, but I have no idea what any of them are for other than the fact that they exist. Either spam, auctions for corals I can't even see since they're submerged in blue leds, or "waffles" These discussion boards were head and shoulders above any facebook group I've been a part of.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/20/2021 1:25 am
(@melev)
Illustrious

I guess a few of us need to start posting regularly to the forums to improve activity. I remember back in 2003 begging members to please use our new forums at each meeting. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/20/2021 2:35 pm
Drex liked
 Drex
(@drex)
Reputable

It would be nice if Facebook would step up and start closing the Facebook reefing groups not trying to be an asshole but

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/20/2021 3:18 pm
Page 1 / 2

Share: