Notifications
Clear all

Clownfish Eggs

(@mavsfan214)
Active

So today I was looking at my tank and noticed my clowns were under the anemone alot so I looked closer and found a couple of eggs, don't know how old they are but it's nice seeing my clowns have finally became a mated pair. I'll be watching some YouTube videos to see how to raise them, they're both black ice clowns. I'll update if I get the courage to raise them or if someone knows how I'd give them some free clowns or cash if they can help

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Topic starter Posted : 08/12/2014 4:51 pm
 DFW
(@dfw)
Noble

That's great! How much do you want for that pair? [smilie=rofl.gif]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2014 5:32 pm
(@mavsfan214)
Active

I'm not looking to sell them right now

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/12/2014 9:27 pm
 DFW
(@dfw)
Noble

I have live phyto on hand to feed rotifers, but have no experience feeding rotifers as of yet. I got the Joyce Wilkerson "Clownfishes" book, but have not finished reading it yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2014 11:01 pm
(@mavsfan214)
Active

Is it a good book for hatching clowns?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/13/2014 4:13 am
 DFW
(@dfw)
Noble

@Mavsfan214 wrote:

Is it a good book for hatching clowns?

I bought it because many said that it is the best book for learning how to raise clowns. The last 5 chapters of the book are about breeding, and rearing, including live food cultures.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/13/2014 8:20 am
(@mike-m)
Noble

I would reach out to Lance or KCAquatics as both of them have successfully raised quite a few clowns from eggs and can probably offer some good advice and tips on how to do it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/15/2014 9:19 am
(@mztexas)
Eminent

PM me and I can probably answer your questions. I am raising around 300 clowns per month.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/16/2014 6:19 pm

Share: