Bangii Male carryin...

Notifications
Clear all

Bangii Male carrying eggs

Page 1 / 2
(@lance)
Noble

Just wanted to update that I now also have a pair of Bangii and the Male has the eggs in his mouth as for Wed night when I got home from the meeting. I also have a new set of clown eggs on the rocks. Here are a few pictures of the pair(Thanks Tim and Tonia) and the male has the eggs in there at the time of the pictures.

Topic starter Posted : 10/16/2011 2:47 pm
(@ctaylor81)
Reputable

Very cool. I've been looking for a pair as well. Good luck on the cardinals. Hope you succeed like you have so far on the clowns.

Sent via Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2011 3:28 pm
(@lance)
Noble

So yesterday he has eggs in the mouth again (11-11-11) Let?s hope he carries them full term this time.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/12/2011 11:02 am
(@satyra)
Estimable

Very cool, I love those fish, good luck with healthy babies!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/22/2011 11:47 pm
(@briang)
Honorable

Do you plan on raising the clowns again?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/18/2012 6:22 pm
(@lance)
Noble

@escaudio wrote:

Do you plan on raising the clowns again?

I am trying to work on on the Banggi and once I am back from vacation I am going to start collecting every one of the clowns I can. I still have a few clowns ready to go as they are all eating frozen and love it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/18/2012 8:51 pm
(@andrew)
Reputable

Whats going on with the cardinal? Is the dad messing up and swallowing them.... Lol, used to see that with first time mouthbrooding cichlids

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/18/2012 9:02 pm
(@lance)
Noble

Yea he keeps them for about three days then GLUP!!!! Gone. I have a Long Spine in there and I also put a fake one in the other day after two day but still gone on day three. I have been trying to feed him heavy once I see she has the eggs and still three days. Funny thing is that when I got them he carried the eggs to babies and then in my tank eats them. I am setting up another tank and going to try and move them over to that one and see if it helps.

By the way I am posting a short video of the clown babies from this morning on the clown breeding is anyone wants to see them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/18/2012 9:44 pm
(@lance)
Noble

Woot! Woot! Got home today and guess what.........the female was pushing herself all over the male and he is carrying eggs again!!! Lets see if I can raise a brood of these this time. I thought that they were done but I guess not. It had been over a year since he has carried and I know that they only lay for so many years but looks like I will get one more try out of them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/02/2013 7:14 pm
(@eckolancer)
Noble

Let me know if you get any. Looking for a pair.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2013 9:49 pm
Page 1 / 2

Share: