Notifications
Clear all

Baby Banggai  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
(@lance)
Noble

Sorry to hear that..........Mine started culling the pack and ended up giving the last two to my dad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2014 11:43 am
(@blennylover)
Reputable

I'm hoping this round will be a good one.

The female was doing a little dance for over an hour yesterday going equally from the left side of the male to the right with a little shake once in a while. I didn't see anything or any transfer before I left, but when I returned about 2 hours later, the male's jaw definitely looked squared. ... AND ... last night and tonight ... the male did NOT eat. I'm guessing, that he is carrying eggs.

[smilie=smile.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=smile.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=smile.gif]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/28/2014 10:45 pm
(@blennylover)
Reputable

Well ... today is the 4th time (I am aware of) since babies above that the male has taken the sack. The 3 previous to this ... he carried for couple of days to a week at most. This time he keeps opening his mouth as if to rearrange (every few minutes) ... hopefully he'll carry to term 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/28/2015 10:04 pm
(@blennylover)
Reputable

@BlennyLover wrote:

Well ... today is the 4th time (I am aware of) since babies above that the male has taken the sack. The 3 previous to this ... he carried for couple of days to a week at most. This time he keeps opening his mouth as if to rearrange (every few minutes) ... hopefully he'll carry to term 🙂

This went the same as previous ... mouth empty days later.

BUT ... he took a HUGE sack on August 28th. He's been releasing for a couple of days now, but the babies are attached to a yoke (like not ready). All that I've caught and put in the refugium a dead within a few hours.

Maybe next time. It has to happen one of these days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/24/2015 1:44 pm
(@prekteacher)

http://breedmyfish.blogspot.com/p/banggai-cardinals.html

Try that

@BlennyLover wrote:

Tonight was water change ... and in my barrel was a little itty bitty black and whitish/silver and clear thing moving. I scooped it up and it is a baby banggai. (I'll post the pic tomorrow) The only place I had to put it was in my refugium. I went searching the DT to see if there were others and found 2 live and one dead. My only means to get them out was with a turkey baster and those 2 are in the fuge as well. It's been about two hours now. I don't see anymore and can only find 2 of the 3, but the other could be hiding in the caulerpa.

HELP ... what do I feed them -- how often?. How much light do they get/ how long? What is the optimum water temp for them? What can I do to assure they live? Is there a *critical* period?

I have Otohime TDO ... rotifeast, phytofeast/live, ROE, oysterfeast and frozen foods

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2015 10:12 am
(@fjiiolks)
Eminent

Too cool! Hope they do well.

You are probably at the brine hue plus and Cyclopeez stage, check out the Banggai article in this newsletter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/31/2020 11:05 am
Page 2 / 2

Share: